Life is much simpler on the road. You have nowhere to be, no obligations, no responsibilities, no work, no appointments, the only thing that is required of you is to enjoy the moments, however fleeting they may be. Im in barcelona now, and its becoming clearer that I may never want to leave, the smell of the mederterainian fills the air, the way the sunlight hits the meticulously constructed works of art we know as buildings, is entrancing to say the least, but the part of this trip that has captivated me above all else has to be the people, a collective group of interesting unique personalities from all corners of the world, all walks of life, desperatly searching for the same things. Everything happens quicker when your travelling, its as if youve tossed aside all of the bullshit that we fill our lives with back home and just enjoy the company and laughter in its purest form. Ive made friends in the matter of days that I know will last a lifetime, ive fell in love in a heartbeat and subsequently had my heart broken in what seemed like an instant, backpackers are fueled by emotion, an intense desire to discover something more, to live, to laugh, to love on their own terms, with no judgment or expectations. Although I have only been on this journey for a couple of weeks, its seems like a whole other life. I have no idea how long I will be in barcelona, nor do i know where im going next, but that simplistic spontaneity and beauty is what makes this the most rewarding experience of my life. For the first time in my life, love, friendship, and the promise of the unknown will guide me, im living purely in the moment, and that feeling is beautifully addicting. Marc

• Comments
Anonymous's picture

StephanieG

8 years

You have a so romantic sou. I admire you. You are right, a simple life is a happy life. Sometimes I feel tired, I wish I don't have to worry about my life. I also wish that I could find a better place for me, where I can REALLY enjoy a moment and find someone to be a REAL friend.

Anonymous's picture

JoyGibson

8 years

The most beautiful thought to get rid from a hectic work schedule is a long drive by road. But for this you need to have your vehicle mechanically and technically fit & fine. So before embarking on a beautiful journey, get inspect every important parts of your car by an experienced and certified auto mechanic. Important part includes mainly your tire, head and rear lights, brakes, transmission system etc. Travelling would be cheerful if you travel with some close friends, so as the car is supposed to withstand a heavy weight, never forget to check your tire pressures and other minor aspects. Because any minor problem with your car can spoil your mood even more. www.beemerpros.com Make sure your car is well serviced always.

Related Pages